9/21/2010

Seven little dragons having fun

.
Mr. Dragon Cake ...


... and his little sister


... waiting for the guests!


Just like this little sister!

There they are.

Too bad dragons only have two eyes - they were a hit!

Reflecting on getting older? :)



Fun outside






And fun inside - with age-old games that are still as much fun as they were 30 years ago.

Neil hiding his emotions well.




And my home made pinata. Don't laugh - it worked!


Nope, this string wasn't it either.

Several tries later, the suspense becoming unbearable, Jana hit on something substantial here!

Hooray!



And last, not least, dragons need fire. Wow, smokey!


Yum, marshmallows!


It's maybe not as convenient as taking the kids to a playplace for a party, but I really enjoy hosting these birthday parties and making them special for our children. It takes a bit of planning and time, but to me it is so worth it. Finn and Lily are our greatest joy in this world, and to see them so happy and excited warms our hearts. Neil and I are a good team, Neil being the artist and hands-on entertainer, me doing the planning and making the food. Neil designed the t-shirts, by the way, and we had them printed at our local print shop. The green shirts I found on clearance for 1.50 each (shh!). :)

I'm sure these memories will stay with Finn and Lily, just like I can still remember the birthday parties at our house when I was a child. And before we know it they will be too cool and all grown up for a kiddie party like this anyway. Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment