As of last Sunday, I am not married to a younger man anymore, if you just look at the age that is. Neil turned 38 a week after I did! Lily, Blue and myself woke up way early (well, one of us WAS woken up way early by the other two), so we thought we might as well make a chocolate cake. After a generous infusion of coffee (me), a bowl of cat food (Blue) and one of cereal (the princess).
.
The day before we had all gone to a fishing and hunting store so Neil could pick his birthday gift: fishing equipment! Two fishing rods (one is for the kids), nets, a filleting knife, a club for knocking the poor fishies unconscious and other odds and ends. Then the kids set to decorating the living room.
.
If this is what Finn imagines their fishing expeditions to be like, then I am NOT coming.
.
After the birthday boy woke up he got to open his presents and got lots of birthday cuddles. We love you, so much!
.
Later in the day, barbecue season was officially opened. So what if it was cold out. The calendar says it's SPRING, darn it.
.
The farm where I buy my meat had butchered one of their pasture raised steers, and let me tell you - the steaks I got were AMAZING. And grilled to perfection by the master griller.
Somebody really enjoyed his birthday lunch. :)
.
And the chocolate cake Lily, Blue and I made.
.
The end. :)
It's fun having a birthday on a weekend, when we can spend time as a family and celebrate together. This year, ALL our birthdays are on a weekend, how cool is that. Mine and Neil's were on a Sunday, and the kids' will both be on a Saturday. Lily is asking me about twice daily how many days until her birthday.She's been doing this for months. Somebody sure can't wait to turn six in a few weeks!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment