.
.
.
.
.
As you can see, 3 of the 4 of us are sharing a hobby now. Neil tags along on the weekends, takes pictures and carries hats/drinks/snacks/bags/tired children. He can't say this is coming as a big surprise, considering I lived and worked at a horse training facility when he met me. So far he is holding up well. ☺
Bella, the black and white pinto mare is "my" new horse. Apparently she is a Friesian / Paint Horse cross. (As Neil said, "Who does THAT on purpose?" - but oh well.) I've ridden her twice, found her to be a good match (meaning, we were BOTH huffing and puffing after galloping a few circles), and decided I will lease her from the owners. It feels good to be finally back in the saddle. And while my brown riding jeans purchased in Canada in 1998 are still in good shape, the same can't be said for the poor unused riding muscles in my legs. Ouchie. I will take some lessons on Bella with the resident trainer at my new barn. I'm looking forward to that, and it's needed.
.
Finn and Lily are doing well with their riding lessons, too. Yesterday they both got to gallop for the first time, and not on a small pony either. (The videos are from their first lessons, and I didn't have my camera yesterday.) Seeing my still 4-year-old little girl perched on top of a full-grown horse in a tiny English saddle, trotting and gallopping around in circles made my mama heart do some very interesting flips. I wonder if this is what Neil feels like sometimes? Because he really wants me to wear a helmet and to purchase a safety vest. I'm considering going all out and breaking into the army museum in Ingolstadt to steal one of their knight's armours. Go big or go home, right? ☺
.
No comments:
Post a Comment