The other day a parcel arrived in the mail, curtesy of our friends M&M! Thank you so much. We are happy you had a great vacation in Canada and that you got to spend some time with the family.
Thank you Grandma for sending my much loved steel-cut oats home with M&M! Breakfast is saved! And thank you, M&M, for the other neat surprises. Everything was a hit! I had to read the book to Finn and Lily twice right away.
My favourite, of course, was this fridge magnet! I have actually done the first discipline, in Algonquin National Park! A memorable experience for sure. I wouldn't do so great at climbing (plus, if it's a Black Bear it wouldn't do much good anyway), but I know some little people who are working on it. That's a whole other post though. :)
Tearing (literally) into the marshmallows. By the time I had taken a few pics HALF the bag was gone. Finn stuffed three marshmallows in his mouth at one point.
Well, remember those streamers? What happened next reminded me of those "If you give..." children's books ("If you give a moose a muffin" and "If you give a pig a pancake" are Finn's and Lily's favourites.) One thing led to another and so by the end of the day we were having a pajama party in Finn's room (decorated with the streamers), with a chocolate cake fresh out of the oven, loud music, dancing and singing. I wasn't sure about doing this right before bed - a load of sugar and crazy dancing are not generally known for their sleep inducing qualities - but Finn and Lily fell into their beds happily and slept like rocks.
P.S. And THIS is how we rode over to Kindergarten that same morning. It was "bring a toy" day. Other kids bring a little matchbox car or a dolly, Finn and Lily choose to bring their stick horses. Of course they needed horse shirts and their cowboy hats to go with them. I could talk them out of the boots though. :)
Admiring herself in the mirror - she's such a girl!
Good work Spider-Finn and Arachna-Lilly!!
ReplyDelete