.
The first BBQ of the season, much enjoyed by everyone. The little half Germans love grilled sausages. :)
A Portrait of the Princess as a Young Girl, courtesy of her big brother.
With temperatures up to 27° Celsius, we are enjoying the great outdoors. It's supposed to cool off again, but for now we're happy!
After they ran through a patch of stinging nettles. Ouch!
And what do you do when your foot looks like this?
More of this! :)
I've been running with pain for about a year (got tendonitis in my foot from too much running and having bad feet), but hopefully not much longer! Every few weeks a sports physician comes to my gym (he is a member and avid runner himself) and offers to help members with their training, so I went to see him. He wasn't too impressed with the orthopedic insoles for my running shoes I was prescribed last year, so he prescribed me new ones. I also got shots in my foot to reduce inflammation (the bruise formed after he "got a little too close to the vein" with one of the needles), an ankle brace for running, a prescription for 10 ultrasound treatments to loosen up my ankle joint (no idea when I will fit those in), and he told me to get this Nike Free shoe and wear it during the day as much as I can. It imitates barefoot walking and helps strengthen foot muscles.
So, maybe if all this helps I will run a half marathon yet! There was one in Ingolstadt last Saturday, a big, fun event with 3300 runners. A friend from church placed third of all the women, she finished in an unbelievably fast 1h:26 min.
May and June are going to be so busy for us. Lily's birthday coming up (we'll have two parties), Oma Karin will arrive this Saturday and stay for a week, more visitors will come mid-May, Finn will do a 2-week swim course with daily lessons starting at the end of May, Lily started weekly speech therapy with a speech therapist from Canada who specializes in bilingual children (Lily has pronunciation issues), and, oh yeah, I'm registered for two triathlons, so I need to find time to train. I'm not so worried about the sprint one, but the Olympic distance one will take me at least 3 hours to complete, and there is no way I can pull this off without proper preparation, especially the swim. On the other hand, I will be wearing a wet suit and hopefully that thing will keep me afloat a little. :)
Nice pics of the kinders. Thanks for that.
ReplyDeleteFunny how you describe your problem since it lays out the remedy: if too much running and exercise is hurting your body, stop doing so much exercise beacuse it is too much. It's good to push through pain, but you have to listen to your body and pace your activities in balance with your body's ability to keep up.